Flat Belly - Chicken w/Romesco Sauce
From "Flat Belly Diet Cookbook", Enjoy!
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 slice firm whole grain bread, crust discarded and bread torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup drained roasted red peppers (from a jar), coarsely chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (5 oz each)
Cooking time 30mins
1.) Toast the garlic and bread in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add the almonds and continue cooking and stirring for 3 minutes or until the almonds are toasted. Transfer to a food processor fitted with a metal blade or a blender. Add the peppers, tomato, vinegar, paprika, salt, and oil and puree. Set aside.
2.) Coat the same skillet with olive oil cooking spray and return to medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, for 5 minutes or until browned. Remove to a plate. Add the reserved almond mixture and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
3.) Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 165 degree F.