Shrimp and Corn Cakes
These crispy fritters are stuffed to bursting with sweet summer corn and succulent shrimp.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 4 cornichons, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons brine from the cornichons
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1.50 cup (from about 2 ears) fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 pound large peeled and deveined shrimp, tails removed and shrimp cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Mixed green salad, for serving
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from womansday.com
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, cornichons, and brine and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir in the eggs and 1/2 cup water. Fold in the corn and shrimp.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Working in 3 batches, spoon four mounds of the batter (about 1/4 cup each) into the skillet and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side, adding more oil to the skillet as necessary. Serve the cakes with the mayonnaise mixture and a green salad, if desired.
You'll also love
- Chopped Tomato Salad Crostini 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Sweet Potato and Tasso Soup 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Baked Salmon on Wild Rice and... 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Cheese-Topped Tilapia 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Crab Melt 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Shrimp Skimpy 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Pigs in a Cornfield - Instant Pot 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta, with... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)