From start to finish, this meal can be on the table in 30 minutes! This version of shrimp scampi seriously decreases the amount of butter used - but is still extra tasty.
- Raw shrimp, deveined (tails on or off)-- 8 large sized shrimp per person
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Generous splash (about 1/4 cup)White White
- Chicken stock (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Italian parsley, finely chopped (about 1 to 2 tablespoons)
- Linguini (cooked according to box directions-- fettuccine or any kind of spaghetti pasta is OK)
- Parmesan cheese (grated)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
If the shrimp is frozen, I do a "quick thaw" by soaking in water (takes 10 minutes)
Cook pasta, in salted water, according to directions. Drain pasta, reserving about 1 cup of pasta water
In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and saute shrimp, until they just turn pink (no more than 2 to 3 minutes). Overcooked shrimp turns tough!
Remove shrimp and set aside (I put mine in a lightly warmed oven) Add the rest of the olive oil and butter.
Add garlic and cook, until just fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add the wine and cook for about 1 minute.
Add the chicken stock; cook at medium heat until slightly reduced (3 to 5 minutes).
Return the shrimp to the skillet. Add the pasta and combine; turn off heat.
Note: if the pasta appears too dry or stick, add a little pasta water to moisten. Add fresh parsley and parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Lemon Blueberry Smoothie 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Paleo Loca's Pork Green Chile 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Tomato Lemon Chicken over... 3.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Jalapeño-Cheese Grits Casserole 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Grilled Tuna with Herb Butter (SP... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta, with... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken and Shrimp Lettuce Wraps 3.5/5 (4 Votes)