Chopped Tomato Salad Crostini
- Fresh French or Italian bread – sliced
- For the Salad
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes – diced
- 3 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 1/2 red onion – diced
- 2 tbs. fresh dill – chopped
- 1 small Jalapeño – grilled – chopped with seeds
- 1 small – medium zucchini – diced
- 2 – 3 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Fresh Parmesan or Romano cheese - grated
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.com
Preheat Oven 350 degrees
Place the sliced bread on a baking sheet and bake until slightly golden.
Combine all of the ingredients for the salad in a medium bowl. Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl and stir. Pour over the salad and toss.
Spoon the salad on each piece of bread and top with fresh grated Parmesan or Romano cheese.