I served this Crab Melt recipe, tapas style-- cut into bite-size pieces. I didn't measure, but I'll do my best to give you measurements. My best advice is to season and taste as you go along!
- 1 to 2 cups fresh cracked crab
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced thin
- 1 fresh baguette
- Good quality olive oil, to brush on the bread
- 1 clove fresh garlic, for the bread.
- 2 to 4 sliced provolone cheese (or your choice)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (or scallions)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh chopped tarragon
- Kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Hellmans/Best Foods Mayonnaise
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Add the mayonnaise, Old Bay Seasoning, lemon juice and fresh herbs. Mix in the crab carefully, to keep the crab pieces.
Taste. If needed add a little kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Add this slowly, and taste, taste, taste!
Slice the baguette in half and brush with olive oil.
Broil for about 1 minute, until lightly golden.
Remove from the broiler and rub a fresh clove on garlic on it-- lightly! Don't overdo it.
Add a mound of crab salad on each slice of bread, add 3-4 avocado slices and top with cheese.
Return to the broiler for about 1 minute, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
You'll also love
- Shrimp Skimpy 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Smoothie 3.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Tomato Lemon Chicken over... 3.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon 3.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta, with... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Mini Crab and Cream Cheese Flautas 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Julia Child's Shrimp or Lobster or... 3.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Tuna Nicoise Sandwich 3.9/5 (8 Votes)