Parmesan Chicken Ziti with Artichokes and Spinach
Super easy and very tasty. We added some mushrooms, and replaced the rotisserie chicken with my own roasted chicken (to cut down on salt). You could also replace the canned artichokes with frozen ones. And we never use butter in our household, so that will get replaced with Smart Balance. Nice that this all comes together in a single pot.
- 4 cups water
- 2 cans (12 oz each) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb uncooked ziti pasta
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (14 oz) Progresso™ artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 6 oz shredded Parmesan cheese (about 1-1/2 cups)
- Juice of 2 medium lemons (about 2/3 cup)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cups baby spinach (5-oz package)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, if desired
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
In Dutch oven, heat water, 1 can of the evaporated milk, the salt, garlic and pasta to simmering over medium heat. Simmer 12 to 14 minutes, stirring frequently, until pasta is tender.
In medium bowl, beat remaining can of evaporated milk and the cornstarch; stir in chicken and artichoke hearts. Add to mixture in Dutch oven; return to simmering, and continue to simmer 1 to 3 minutes or until thickened and mixture coats back of spoon.
Remove from heat; stir in half of the cheese and the lemon juice. Stir until cheese melts, then add remaining cheese (reserving 1/4 cup for serving, if desired) and butter; stir again.
Add spinach, and stir until wilted. Serve with reserved cheese and pepper.
You'll also love
- Black Bean & Corn Pasta Salad 4.2/5 (30 Votes)
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Sandwich 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Chicken Bake with Cheese Pierogies... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Chicken, Spinach & Cannellini Bean... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Macaroni Salad - 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Mexican Buffalo Chicken Dip 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Alfredo 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Jowl Bacon Spinach Salad 4.5/5 (17 Votes)