Banana Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling
A filling of cream cheese in the center of these banana muffins puts them over the top. Surprisingly simple to make and scrumptiously delicious!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- MUFFIN BATTER:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from pinchmysalt.com
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 12-cup standard muffin pan.
In a small bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, and egg. Put bowl in refrigerator while you make the muffin batter.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and soda, salt, and sugar; set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together bananas, buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
Pour wet ingredients into the large bowl filled with flour mixture then stir with wooden spoon just until the mixture is combined.
Spoon enough batter into muffins cups so that they are just under halfway full.
Add one spoonful of cream cheese mixture into each cup, then top with remaining muffin batter. Muffin cups will end up being almost completely full.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 375°F.
Check after 20 minutes, muffins are done when a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
You'll also love
- Chicken Alfredo Gnocchi Bake 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Broccoli Mashed Potatoes with... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Tater Tot Ground Turkey Casserole... 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- One Dish Pork Tenderloin 3.9/5 (36 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Loin with... 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Candy Bar Apple Salad 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Creamy Mac & Cheese 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Lemon Cheesecake Crescent Rolls 4.3/5 (21 Votes)