Coconut Banana Crunch Muffins
With a sweet banana muffin base and crunchy coconut topping these beauties are the ultimate treat for a lovely brunch, midday snack or dessert!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (approximately 2) overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, divided
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from thenovicechefblog.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tin with liners.
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
Whisk together bananas, vegetable oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl until well combined. Fold in flour mixture until flour is just moistened and then fold in 1 cup shredded coconut.
Divide batter among lined muffin cups and sprinkle with remaining shredded coconut.
Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center come out clean.
Transfer muffins to a rack and cool. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
You'll also love
- Beef Satay Noodles 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Classic Stovetop Macaroni & Cheese 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Gammy's Zucchini Cake 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- EASY BLUEBERRY MUFFINS 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Holiday Cookie Fudge 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Deviled Avocado Eggs 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Coconut Flour Pie Crust - Gluten... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Jellied Cranberry Sauce 4.6/5 (5 Votes)