Creamy Mac & Cheese
This Mac & Cheese recipe has been in our family for generations. My family prefers the large elbow macaroni or ziti pasta. The Velveeta adds creaminess and light texture.
- 1 1/2 boxes large elbow macaroni or ziti pasta, 24 ounces
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 stick butter, 8 tablespoons
- 1 (8-ounce) box Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) block sharp cheddar sliced 1/2" slices
- 2 beaten eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 90mins
In a large Dutch oven, boil macaroni until al dente; drain and pour into a sprayed 13 X 9" glass baking dish.
In a medium saucepan, add the cream, butter, Velveeta and sharp shredded cheese. Cook over medium heat, stirring until creamy. Pour the cheese mixture over the macaroni. Mix in the beaten eggs, salt and pepper. Layer the sliced cheese over the top.
Spray a large piece of foil with cooking spray and cover the dish loosely. Bake at 350°F FOR approximately 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until top is browned (approximately 10 minutes). If preferred, you can brown the dish using your broiler.