Blueberry-Vanilla Cream Cheese Pies
These portable pies are like mini blueberry cheesecakes wrapped in puff pastry.
- 2 (17.3-ounces) packages frozen puff pastry
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 7 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Seeds scraped from 1/2 vanilla bean (or 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons crème de cassis
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Confectioners’ sugar for finishing
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Thaw 3 sheets of puff pastry overnight in the refrigerator.
Position racks in the top and bottom thirds of the oven and heat the oven to 375°F.
In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, 3 tablespoons of the sugar, the vanilla bean seeds (or extract), and 1 of the egg yolks. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined and smooth.
Combine the blueberries, 2 tablespoons of the sugar, the cornstarch, crème de cassis, and salt in another medium bowl and mix gently.
On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry sheet into a 10-inch square. Using a 4-inch round cutter (or a small plate as a guide), cut out 4 rounds from each sheet. Arrange them on 2 parchment-lined rimmed baking sheets.
In a small bowl, beat the remaining egg yolk with 1 teaspoon water. Brush the outer edge of each pastry round with the egg wash. Dollop 1/2 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture in the center of each round. Top with 1 tablespoon of the blueberry mixture. Fold in half to form a half-moon shape and pinch the edges together to seal them. Lightly brush each pie with egg wash and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the remaining sugar. With the tip of a paring knife, cut a steam vent in the center of each pie.
Bake until golden-brown, about 25 minutes, swapping and rotating the baking sheets’ positions about halfway through. Cool slightly on the baking sheets and then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Before serving, sprinkle the pies with confectioners’ sugar.
You'll also love
- Grilled Bacon Chops with Apricot... 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- "Creamy" Chicken and Tomato Soup... 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Lemonade Pie Cookies 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Chicken Potato Chip Club Sandwiches 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Angel Food Cake with Blueberry... 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Strawberry Lemon Crisp 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Star Struck Blueberry Cobbler 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Candied Popcorn 4.5/5 (24 Votes)