Scrumptious Apple Pie
This apple pie is a classic, from the scrumptious filling to the flaky pastry crust. It is homemade goodness at its very best.
- DOUBLE CRUST PASTRY:
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups peeled tart apples, thinly sliced (8-medium)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 140mins
Heat oven to 425ºF. Prepare Double-Crust Pastry.
Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Stir in apples. Turn into pastry-lined pie plate. Dot with butter. Trim overhanging edge of pastry 1/2 inch from rim of plate.
Roll other round of pastry. Fold into fourths and cut slits so steam can escape. Unfold top pastry over filling; trim overhanging edge 1 inch from rim of plate. Fold and roll top edge under lower edge, pressing on rim to seal; flute as desired. Cover edge with 3-inch strip of aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning. Remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking.
Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust. Serve warm if desired.
For a pretty glazed top crust, brush this—and any other double crust pie—with milk or cream and sprinkle with sugar before baking.
You'll also love
- Sweet Chili Shrimp Tacos 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Pesto Caprese Potato Salad 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Beer Battered Fried Avocado Wedges 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Pork Chops in the Pressure Cooker 4.3/5 (48 Votes)
- Sliced Sweet Potato Pie 4.3/5 (39 Votes)
- Pina Colada Poke Cake 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Apple Pecan Coffee Cake 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Pink Lemonade Jello Shots 4.4/5 (38 Votes)