Sliced Sweet Potato Pie
This is the perfect sweet potato recipe you need for Thanksgiving. Everyone will love the layered look of this ever-so-sweet streusel-topped treat.
- 1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 1/2 pounds small, slender sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 (4 x 1inch) orange peel strips
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon loosely packed orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- Streusel Topping
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 75mins
Preheat oven to 375°F. Fit piecrust into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate; fold edges under, and crimp. Bring potatoes, next 2 ingredients, and 1 cup water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 6 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
Transfer potatoes to a large colander, reserving cooking liquid. Rinse potatoes with cold water. Transfer cooking liquid and orange peel strips to a small saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Reserve 2 tablespoons. potato-orange liquid; discard remaining liquid.
Transfer potatoes to a bowl; toss with brown sugar, next 4 ingredients, and reserved 2 tablespoon potato-orange liquid. Spoon into crust; sprinkle with streusel.
Bake at 375°F for 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes, shielding with aluminum foil after 30 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool completely.
You'll also love
- Cabbage & Noodles with Bacon 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Pina Colada Poke Cake 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Apple Pecan Coffee Cake 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Shrimp Linguine In A Tomato &... 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- Ham and Pineapple Cheeseball 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cookie Dough... 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Roasted Potatoes 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Crispy Smashed Paprika Potatoes 4.5/5 (35 Votes)