Star Struck Blueberry Cobbler
A star-shaped biscuit gives this classic summer dessert a bit of patriotic flair. Perfect for the 4th of July, Memorial Day, or Labor Day!
- 3 pints blueberries, picked over for stems (may substitute 6 cups frozen blueberries)
- 1/2 cupswater
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cups heavy cream, plus additional for brushing
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 37mins
Adapted from delish.com
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Combine the blueberries, water, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Transfer the mixture to an ungreased 1-1/2 quart shallow baking dish.
Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Beat the cream with an electric mixer just until it holds soft peaks. Spoon the cream into the dry ingredients and stir with a fork just until a dough begins to form.
On a lightly floured surface, pat the dough out to 3/4-inch thickness and, with a 2 1/2-inch star-shaped cutter, cut out 6 stars. Gather the scraps together and pat out again, if necessary. Cut stars from remaining dough. Arrange biscuits on top of berries, brush with cream and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake 15 to 17 minutes, until the berries are bubbling and the biscuits are browned. Let the cobbler cool slightly. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Sheet Cake 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Gluten Free Crab Cakes 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Sambal Chili Coconut Shrimp... 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Apple... 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Hershey Candy Bar Cake 3.9/5 (102 Votes)
- Blueberry-Cucumber Smoothie 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Peach Cobbler 3.7/5 (268 Votes)