Grilled Bacon Chops with Apricot Bourbon Glaze
Chops for dinner? These chops will taste amazing with the special sauce.
- 4 boneless Canadian pork loin chops, 1 - 1 1/2” / 2.5 - 3.75 cm thick
- Maple bacon flavoured seasoning, like ClubHouse (La Grille) brand
- 4 slices thick or extra thick cut bacon, partially cooked, drained and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 cup lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon bourbon
Adapted from manitobapork.com
Shake seasoning onto both sides of chops. Wrap bacon slice around chop and secure with wooden toothpick. Repeat with remaining chops and bacon, set aside.
In small saucepan, combine jam, brown sugar, mustard and bourbon, bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Remove glaze from heat; reserve half the glaze.
Preheat barbecue on high. Reduce heat on one side to medium.
On lightly oiled grill, sear chops over high heat side, 2-3 minutes per side. Slide chops over to lower heat side. Cook chops an additional 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing often with glaze.
Remove chops from grill when internal temperature reaches 155˚F (68˚C). Tent loosely with foil and allow chops to rest 5 minutes. Remove toothpicks and serve chops with reserved glaze.
You'll also love
- Chicken Potato Chip Club Sandwiches 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Star Struck Blueberry Cobbler 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Pineapple Sheet Cake 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Crunchy Honey Garlic Pork Chop 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Corned Beef &... 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Boneless Pork Loin Roast 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Bacon & Egg Potato Salad 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Jack Daniel’s Bacon Mac and... 4.1/5 (35 Votes)