Kung Pao Chicken Tacos
Sweet and salty, kung pao chicken
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 3/4 cup diagonally sliced celery (about 2 stalks)
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 lime wedges
1. Place chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce to bag; seal. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Place 1/4 cup cornstarch in a shallow dish. Sprinkle the chicken evenly with salt. Add chicken to cornstarch in dish, and toss chicken to thoroughly coat. Shake off excess cornstarch.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add half of coated chicken; sauté for 6 minutes or until done, turning to brown. Remove chicken from pan using a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Repeat the procedure with remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil and coated chicken.
3. Combine remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, honey, and next 3 ingredients (through sambal oelek) in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Microwave at HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring twice. Stir in garlic. Combine soy sauce mixture, chicken, peanuts, and celery; toss to coat chicken.
4. Toast tortillas under broiler or on a griddle until lightly blistered, turning frequently. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates; divide chicken mixture evenly among tortillas. Top each taco with green onions and bell pepper strips; serve with lime wedges.
You'll also love
- Teriyaki Chicken Wings 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Pasta alla Norcina 4.2/5 (49 Votes)
- Everything Baked Potato & Chicken... 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Sesame Chicken Pot Stickers 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Chicken Tortilla Crockpot Soup 4.3/5 (40 Votes)
- Asian Chicken Thighs Recipe 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Sticky Orange Chicken 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Tex-Mex Chicken Lasagna 4.8/5 (16 Votes)