Chicken & Poblano Tacos with Crema
Simply grilled chicken breasts with roasted poblanos in warm corn tortillas and topped with crema, a mild Mexican sour cream, and lime wedges.
- 5 poblano chiles
- 4 boneless chicken thighs with skin, pounded to 1/2 inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 12 warm corn tortillas
- Mexican crema or sour cream
- Romaine lettuce
- White onion, chopped
- Lime wedges
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
Roast the poblanos directly over a gas flame or under a preheated broiler, turning, until charred all over. Transfer the chiles to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let steam for 15 minutes. Peel, seed and stem the chiles, then cut them into 1/4-inch strips.
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the chicken all over with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until the skin is crisp and browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a carving board and cut into 1/2-inch strips.
In a medium bowl, toss the poblano strips with the chicken and cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Serve the chicken-poblano filling in the warm tortillas with the crema, lettuce, onion and lime wedges.
You'll also love
- Winter Chicken and Dumplings 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Chinese Lemon Chicken 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Baked Chicken with Fresh Tomatoes... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Low Carb Spicy Green Chicken Chili 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken Chile Relleno Casserole 3.7/5 (97 Votes)
- Asparagus & Chicken Enchiladas 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- The Best Chicken Fajitas by Iowa... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken Tacos 4.6/5 (5 Votes)