Asian Chicken Thighs Recipe
A delicious thick, tangy sauce coats the golden brown chicken pieces. Serve them over long grain rice or with ramen noodle slaw. Enjoy!
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin removed (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Sliced green onions
- Hot cooked rice, optional
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 8-10 minutes on each side or until golden brown. In a small bowl, whisk water, brown sugar, orange juice, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, garlic, pepper flakes and five-spice powder. Pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until chicken is tender, turning chicken occasionally.
In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute or until sauce is thickened.
Sprinkle with green onions. If desired, serve with rice.
Freeze option: Cool chicken. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
You'll also love
- Battered Fried Crab Sticks 4/5 (165 Votes)
- Crispy Cheddar Chicken Tenders 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Orange Chicken Soba Noodles 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Tex-Mex Chicken Lasagna 4.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Skillet Chicken & Mushrooms - Low... 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Low-Sugar Orange Chicken 4.7/5 (23 Votes)
- Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (13 Votes)