Chicken Tortilla Crockpot Soup
(You will find thing's you do not find here, there) Follow or friend me on Facebook for even more recipe's,etc: https://www.facebook.com/carilynn71 ♥Delish Dish♥ at Facebook Groups https://www.facebook.com/groups/Creates/ ♥Delish Dish♥ at Tumblr http://delishdishs.tumblr.com/
- 1 pound shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 7 corn tortillas
- vegetable oil
Adapted from facbook.com
Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with oil. Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on a baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes. To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips over soup.
You'll also love
- Asian Chicken Thighs Recipe 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Battered Fried Crab Sticks 4/5 (161 Votes)
- Crispy Cheddar Chicken Tenders 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Tex-Mex Chicken Lasagna 4.8/5 (16 Votes)
- King Ranch Chicken Mac and Cheese 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Shredded Chicken Taco Meat - Crock... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Chicken Lemon Rice Soup 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Grandma's Chicken 'n' Dumpling Soup 4.5/5 (27 Votes)