Raspberry Almond Shortbread Cookies
Great for brunch, with coffee, or tea, or any time, and especially with a glass of milk! Tart raspberries and nutty almonds make a delicious pair.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- Coarse sugar, to taste
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from bhg.com
In a medium bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the granulated sugar and the 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour. Cover; chill about 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Using your thumb, press an indentation into the center of each ball. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of the jam into each indentation. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake about 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute. Transfer to wire racks; cool.
Meanwhile, for icing, in a medium bowl combine powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon of the water, and the 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract. Add enough of the remaining 1 to 2 teaspoons water to make an icing of drizzling consistency. Drizzle cookies with icing.
You'll also love
- Lemonade Cupcakes with Raspberry... 4.5/5 (105 Votes)
- Creamy Jalapeno Popper Dip 4.5/5 (101 Votes)
- Incredible Raspberry Cheesecake... 4.5/5 (101 Votes)
- Christmas Style Pretzel M&M Hugs 4.5/5 (103 Votes)
- Simple Cookie Glaze 4.5/5 (104 Votes)
- World Famous Paradise Bakery Sugar... 4.5/5 (97 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Fudge Banana No Bake... 4.5/5 (83 Votes)
- No Bake Peanut Clusters 4.6/5 (67 Votes)