Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe
You are going to love the sweetness of the blueberries and tangy flavors of the lemon achieved in this awesome Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe! Perfect for any occasion, serve this recipe with a cup of tea in the afternoon or on-the-go with your morning coffee as you drive to work. This recipe also can be made so much more decadent with the addition of freshly whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, and a few fresh berries.
- LEMON SYRUP:
- 1 1/2 cups, plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 100mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9x5-inch loaf pan, dust with flour, and tap out excess.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla, and oil.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet. In a separate bowl mix the blueberries with the 1 tablespoon of flour and then gently fold them into the mixed batter.
Pour the batter into the pan and bake 50 to 55 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Let bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
While the loaf is cooling, combine the lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously until sugar is dissolved, and then continue cooking for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Use a toothpick to poke holes in the tops and sides of the warm loaf and brush with the lemon syrup. Continue to brush the loaf until all of the syrup is added.
To make the lemon glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice and pour over the top of the loaf. Let the lemon glaze harden before serving.
You'll also love
- Italian Sausage & Tomato Soup by... 4.5/5 (94 Votes)
- Florence Mama's Candied Yams 4.4/5 (98 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Brownie Pizza 4.3/5 (104 Votes)
- Pumpkin Scones 4.5/5 (92 Votes)
- Apple Rum Bread Pudding with... 4.3/5 (104 Votes)
- Banana Pudding Bark 4.4/5 (97 Votes)
- Ham and Cheese Biscuit Cups 4.4/5 (102 Votes)
- Janet's Orange Zucchini Bread 4.1/5 (172 Votes)