Sweet Potato Latkes
Sweet potato latkes make for a irresistible appetizer any time or for an alternative to traditional latkes for your Hanukkah feast. Perfect crunchy bites of sweet and savory appetizing morsels these latkes are a perfect way to start your next dinner party or holiday gathering.
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated, about 2-pounds
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and coarsely grated, about 1-pound
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons Panko Japanese breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- applesauce, for serving to taste
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Pour oil to depth of 1/4-inch into a large skillet, and heat over medium-high heat to 350°F.
Combine potatoes and green onions in a large bowl. Sprinkle with panko, flour, and salt; gently toss. Stir in eggs.
Drop potato mixture, in batches, by 1/4 cupfuls into hot oil in skillet; slightly flatten each with a spatula or fork. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Drain latkes on a wire rack over paper towels. Keep warm on a wire rack in a jelly-roll pan in a 200°F oven. Serve immediately with Applesauce.
You'll also love
- Ravioli with Summer Squash 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Wild Mushroom Pizza with Truffle... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Gingerbread and Pumpkin Waffles 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Marshmallow Popcorn Balls 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Pizza Hut Creamy Garlic Sauce 3.8/5 (262 Votes)
- Potato Pancakes (America's Test... 4.2/5 (40 Votes)
- The Best Low Fat Healthy Waffles 3.9/5 (63 Votes)
- Chicken/Potato/Greenbean Bake 4.3/5 (28 Votes)