The Best Low Fat Healthy Waffles
Feeling guilty for having carbs for breakfast? Feel better about it with the best low fat healthy waffles recipe! Top with fresh fruit and enjoy!
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour or 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat pastry flour or 2 1⁄4 cups Robin Hood Nutri Flour Blend
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 ⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs (1 separated)
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% lowfat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from food.com
Sift dry ingredients in one bowl.
Separate one of the eggs. Add the yolk and the rest of the wet ingredients together and whisk.
Beat the egg white in a clean bowl until peaks form.
Add the wet into the dry, mixing until just combined. Fold in the egg white.
Pour into a preheated greased waffle iron, and I cook mine for 3-4 minutes with my waffle iron. This recipe yields 16 small square waffles for me (using just under 1/3 cup of batter per waffle).
These freeze well.
You'll also love
- Spicy Honey Glazed Chicken 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Honey... 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Meatball Sub Bake 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped,... 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Spicy Ranch Ritz Crackers 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Gingerbread Waffles with a... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Make Ahead Scrambled Eggs 3.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Bacon Cinnamon Rolls 4.3/5 (14 Votes)