Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
I have a Whirly Pop Stovetop Popcorn maker that I just love. One day, I decided to melt marshmallow, just like I do to make Rice Krispie Treats. These only took about ten minutes to make, and they disappeared fast.
Recipe adapted from Kraft Foods.
- 4 tablespoons (1/4-cup) unsalted butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows (you can use regular sized or mini marshmallows)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 cups popcorn
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from afeastfortheeyes.net
Prepare the popcorn (I use 1/2 cup popcorn kernels with 2 tablespoons coconut oil). Place the popcorn into a large bowl, and remove any un-popped kernels.
Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the marshmallows, vanilla and salt. Heat, stirring constantly, until the marshmallows are completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
Shortcut: I melted all of the ingredients in a microwave (3 to 4 minutes) stirring a couple of times in between.
I like to use disposable gloves, sprayed with non-stick spray to easily form the popcorn balls.
Allow to set for at least an hour, so the popcorn balls stay stuck together. That's hard to do, as my family gets into them as fast as I can make them!
You'll also love
- Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Boats via... 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Blueberry Banana Muffins... 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Cake Mix Lemon Cookies 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Pizza Hut Creamy Garlic Sauce 3.8/5 (351 Votes)
- Almond Roca Cookies 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Meatballs in Chipotle Sauce 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- The Best Low Fat Healthy Waffles 3.7/5 (77 Votes)
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Honey... 4.2/5 (39 Votes)
Review this recipe