Carrot Cranberry Oatmeal Stout Breakfast Cookies
This is a hearty cookie that I keep on hand. It's great as a quick run out the door breakfast, or lunch box snack.
It's great to pack in your back pack for a quick pick me up.
- Carrot Cranberry Oatmeal Stout Cookies
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3 tablespoons Guinness Stout
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Stir in oatmeal, carrots and cranberries. Set aside.
In work bowl of an electric mixer cream the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in egg, molasses, Guinness Stout, and almond extract. Add dry ingredients, a little at a time, until well combined. Do not over mix.
Drop rounded spoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes or until done. Let cool for 2 minutes then carefully remove to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
Makes 24 cookies
You'll also love
- Marinated Artichoke & Rice Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Raspberry Jelly Roll 5/5 (1 Votes)
- 7 Day Diet Fat Burning Cabbage... 4.3/5 (61 Votes)
- Strawberry shake 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Cranberry Bliss Cookies 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Carrot Cake - Southern Living's... 3.8/5 (278 Votes)
- Quick Ramen with Carrots, Zucchini... 4/5 (11 Votes)