Lemon Meringue Pie, Traditional Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Argo® or Kingsford's® Corn Starch
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter OR margarine
- 1 baked (9-inch) pie crust
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine 1 cup sugar and corn starch in medium saucepan. Gradually stir in water until smooth. Stir in egg yolks.
Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice and butter.
Spoon hot filling into pie crust.
Beat egg whites in small bowl with mixer at high speed until foamy. Gradually beat in remaining 1/3 cup sugar; continue beating until stiff peaks form.
Spread meringue evenly over hot filling, sealing to edge of crust.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire rack at room temperature for 30 minutes; refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
You'll also love
- Cauliflower with Bacon & Mushrooms 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Honey Butter Carrots 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Ann Curry's Homemade Cranberry... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cherry Cola Brownies 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Orange Creamsicle Fudge 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Texas Big Hairs Lemon-Lime... 4.8/5 (19 Votes)
- White Chocolate Lemon Meringue Pie 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Pie, Mile High... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)