Persimmon & Cranberry Baked Oatmeal
This baked oatmeal recipe uses cranberries and persimmons, but you can literally put anything your heart desires in this easy breakfast dish.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (can substitute melted butter)
- 2 fuyu (jiro) persimmons, peeled and chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh (or frozen) cranberries, blanched
- 1 banana, chopped
- 2 tablespoon butter, softened
- maple syrup, optional
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Generously grease an 8”x 8” baking dish and set aside.
Place first 6 ingredients into a mixing bowl and toss together.
In another mixing bowl whisk together both milks, the egg, vanilla and coconut oil.
Pour the milk mixture over the oat mixture and stir together. Fold in the remaining ingredients until just combined.
Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish and smooth surface with a spatula.
Dot the top with butter and bake for 40 to 45 minute or until golden brown. Allow oatmeal to cool about 7 minutes before drizzling with syrup, if using. Serve.
You'll also love
- Cauliflower Latkes with Za'atar... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Liver & Onions Irish Lassie's Style 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Spicy Papaya/ Pineapple Shrimp 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Pineapple carpaccio and coconut... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- STRAWBERRY SWIRL CHEESECAKE 3.8/5 (27 Votes)
- Maple-Bourbon Basted Grilled Salmon 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion, &... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Perfect Apple Pie 4.4/5 (12 Votes)