Harvest Salad with Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette
- Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 6 oz. baby spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or feta
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. red raspberry jam (with seeds)
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup walnut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. To toast the walnuts, preheat oven to 375 F. Arrange walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven for 5 minutes, or until the walnuts begin to brown.
2. In a large bowl or separate serving bowls, toss together spinach, cranberries, cheese, tomato, avocado, and red onion.
3. Combine raspberry jam and red wine vinegar in a food processor. With the motor running slowly add in the oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (This can be done by hand with a whisk but the dressing will easily separate.) Drizzle dressing over the salad and serve.
You'll also love
- Spaghetti Beef Casserole Recipe -... 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- White Bean & Prosciutto Bruschetta 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Decked-Out Dates & Pecan-stuffed... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Almond-Crusted... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Blueberry Lemon Streusel Muffins 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Blueberry Cake 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Raspberry Applesauce Salad 4.2/5 (30 Votes)