Maple-Bourbon Basted Grilled Salmon
When I see Wild-Caught Sockeye Salmon, I splurge and buy it. This simple glaze has only four ingredients: pure maple syrup, bourbon, butter and cider vinegar. In less than 15 minutes, we had beautifully grilled salmon for dinner. Sometimes the simplest recipes can turn out to be some of the best. This one sure was! (Recipe comes from Cuisine at Home, Jun 2011 Issue)
- 1/4 Pure Maple Syrup (not pancake syrup)
- 2 Tbsp. bourbon
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. cider vinegar
- 4 boneless, skinless Alaskan salmon fillets (6 oz. each)
- Salt and black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 18mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Preheat grill to high. Brush grill grate with oil.
Combine maple syrup, bourbon, butter, and vinegar in a small saucepan on the stove top; boil over medium-high heat until thickened, about 3 minutes.
Season fillets with salt and pepper.
Grill fillets, covered, 3 minutes. Flip fillets, baste with maple glaze and grill until firm to the touch, 2-3 minutes more.
Baste fillets again before serving.
You'll also love
- Peanut Butter & Banana Pound cake... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Bourbon Apple Butter-canning 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff (From the "old"... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Mrs. Dash Tilapia 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion, &... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Stuffed Shells with Rotisserie... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Tyler Florence's Pan Roasted... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Shrimp Primavera with Carrot &... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)