Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion, & Garlic
"This is a family favorite that is put into every cookbook for my kids when they move out and get married. It is a beautiful dish with many colors and full of flavor. Warning, it is addictive." Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion, and Garlic is the perfect, quick main meal or side dish that pairs perfectly with any meaty main course or even a simply dressed side salad for the perfect veggie-packed meal the whole family will love.
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large head cabbage, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Place the bacon in a large stockpot and cook over medium-high heat until crispy, about 10 minutes.
Add the onion and garlic; cook and stir until the onion caramelizes; about 10 minutes.
Immediately stir in the cabbage and continue to cook and stir another 10 minutes.
Season with salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes more.
You'll also love
- Cherry-Chip Bundt Cake 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Eggs in Purgatory with Artichoke... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Paleo Stuffed Acorn Squash 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Tyler Florence's Pan Roasted... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken Tikka Masala, from Cook's... 4/5 (25 Votes)
- Venison Vegetable Soup 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Strawberry Banana Jello Salad 4.1/5 (37 Votes)
- 5-Minute Garlic & Sour Cream... 4.3/5 (13 Votes)