Pineapple carpaccio and coconut milk spherification
If you feel to make some molecular recipe, this is for you.
- 16 thin slices of pineapple
- 300 ml of water
- 80 ml sugar
- Spices of yourtaste (vanilla, cardamom, cinnamon, pepper etc ...)
- Spherification (see video but use coconut milk instead of yogurt)
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 145mins
Mix water, sugar and the spices of your choice. Be imaginative :).
If your not sure, use vanilla. Simple, but a great choice.
Boil the mix around five minutes. Reserve it.
Cut the pineapple into thin slices and put them on a large plate.
Put de syrup on them et put it in the fridge for around 4 hours.
For the molecular part, you'il need a molecular kit.
You can buy it here : http://molecule-r.com/en/
And i suggest to watch this video :
It will be more simple than read a really long text. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf1AU23DbPA
Be careful when you pour the liquid in the mixture of sodium alginate. It is very important not to put too much at once because you'll have nonuniform balls. Also, for conservation before the meal, I left them in the water.
Decorate the rest with some seasonal fruit to bring color and diversity.
You'll also love
- Broccoli Slaw 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Shrimp Creole 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- My Lemon Curd 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Red Velvet Pound Cake 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Darrell's Crockpot Apple Butter 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Toasted Coconut Waffles 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Pineapple Goodie Bars 4.4/5 (12 Votes)