Cranberry Christmas Cake
Tart cranberries, sweet buttery cake and a fantastic texture will call you and your guests back for more of this cake that needs no frosting!
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from barefeetinthekitchen.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
With a mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar until slightly thickened and light in color, about 5-7 minutes. The mixture should almost double in size. The eggs work as your leavening agent in this recipe, so do not skip this step. This mixture should form a ribbon when you lift the beaters out of the bowl.
Add the butter and vanilla; mix two more minutes.
Stir in the flour until just combined.
Add the cranberries and stir to mix throughout.
Spread in a buttered 9 x 13 inch pan.
Bake 40-50 minutes, or until very lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean.
Let cool completely before cutting. Small pieces, about 1 x 2 inches, are easy to serve at a party.
You'll also love
- Chef Bob Warden's Baby Back Ribs 4.5/5 (135 Votes)
- Halloween Candy Corn Cupcakes 4.5/5 (136 Votes)
- The Original Pancake House Apple... 3.7/5 (357 Votes)
- Peach Cupcakes with Peach Cream... 4.3/5 (144 Votes)
- Hawaiian Wedding Cake 3.8/5 (333 Votes)
- Creamy Bacon & Cheese Dip 4.5/5 (139 Votes)
- Oreo Truffles 4.5/5 (127 Votes)
- Christmas Style Pretzel M&M Hugs 4.3/5 (135 Votes)