Cranberry Christmas Cake
Tart cranberries, sweet buttery cake and a fantastic texture will call you and your guests back for more of this cake that needs no frosting!
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from barefeetinthekitchen.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
With a mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar until slightly thickened and light in color, about 5-7 minutes. The mixture should almost double in size. The eggs work as your leavening agent in this recipe, so do not skip this step. This mixture should form a ribbon when you lift the beaters out of the bowl.
Add the butter and vanilla; mix two more minutes.
Stir in the flour until just combined.
Add the cranberries and stir to mix throughout.
Spread in a buttered 9 x 13 inch pan.
Bake 40-50 minutes, or until very lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean.
Let cool completely before cutting. Small pieces, about 1 x 2 inches, are easy to serve at a party.
You'll also love
- Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce 4.3/5 (79 Votes)
- Bite-Sized Greek Salads 4.6/5 (61 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread with Salted Caramel... 4.6/5 (60 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars 4.6/5 (65 Votes)
- Mamo's Apple Strudel Recipe... 4.6/5 (65 Votes)
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies 4.5/5 (72 Votes)
- Snowman Cookies 4.5/5 (68 Votes)
- Strawberry Jam with Honey 4.7/5 (56 Votes)