Grilled Blue Cheese & Bacon Stuffed Onions
Tender grilled onion stuffed with blue cheese and crisped bacon. Perfect side to a nice steak.
- 4 large-sized sweet onions (Vidalia, Maui sweets, sweet yellows)
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 strips bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from jamesandeverett.com
Hollow out onions using a melon baller.
Mix all other ingredients and fill onions with mixture.
Heat grill to medium heat.
Place in foil pouch over direct heat on grill for 30 - 40 minutes.
You'll also love
- Macarons à la fraise couvert de... 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Shrimp & Spinach Alfredo 4.2/5 (44 Votes)
- Grilled Corn & Ricotta Dip 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- One-Pan Sausage and Veggies 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Homemade Bacon 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Pork Chops in Duck Sauce 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Fireside Beef Stew with Squash 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Potato Salad with Herbs & Grilled... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)