Grilled Blue Cheese & Bacon Stuffed Onions
Tender grilled onion stuffed with blue cheese and crisped bacon. Perfect side to a nice steak.
- 4 large-sized sweet onions (Vidalia, Maui sweets, sweet yellows)
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 strips bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from jamesandeverett.com
Hollow out onions using a melon baller.
Mix all other ingredients and fill onions with mixture.
Heat grill to medium heat.
Place in foil pouch over direct heat on grill for 30 - 40 minutes.
You'll also love
- Aunt Jemima Coffee Cake 3.8/5 (158 Votes)
- One-Pan Prime Rib & Roasted... 3.7/5 (121 Votes)
- White Fish Salad with Garlic Lime... 4.1/5 (75 Votes)
- Easy Applesauce Pork Chops 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Baltimore Berger Cookies 4/5 (32 Votes)
- Cheddar and Bacon Potato Salad 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Maple Bacon Krispie Treats 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Herbed Cheese Au Gratin Potatoes 4.2/5 (13 Votes)