Grilled Blue Cheese & Bacon Stuffed Onions
Tender grilled onion stuffed with blue cheese and crisped bacon. Perfect side to a nice steak.
- 4 large-sized sweet onions (Vidalia, Maui sweets, sweet yellows)
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 strips bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from jamesandeverett.com
Hollow out onions using a melon baller.
Mix all other ingredients and fill onions with mixture.
Heat grill to medium heat.
Place in foil pouch over direct heat on grill for 30 - 40 minutes.
You'll also love
- Aunt Jemima Coffee Cake 3.8/5 (90 Votes)
- One-Pan Prime Rib & Roasted... 3.8/5 (88 Votes)
- Grandma’s Old-fashioned Cornbread 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Baltimore Berger Cookies 4/5 (27 Votes)
- Lazy Morning Sausage Pie 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Cheddar and Bacon Potato Salad 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Pork & Ramen Stir-Fry 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Maple Bacon Krispie Treats 4.3/5 (10 Votes)