One-Pan Prime Rib & Roasted Vegetables
Try this delicious One-Pan Prime Rib and Roasted Vegetables recipe. These vegetables are roasted alongside the prime rib and soak up all of the amazing flavors!
- 1(7-pound)1 (7-pound) first-cut beef standing rib roast (3 bones), fat trimmed to 1/4 inch
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 2pounds2 pounds carrots, peeled, cut into 2-inch lengths, halved or quartered lengthwise to create 1/2-inch-diameter pieces
- 1pound1 pound parsnips, peeled, sliced 1/2 inch thick on bias
- 1pound1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved
- 11 red onion, halved and sliced through root end into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2teaspoons2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 250mins
Using sharp knife, cut through roast fat cap in 1-inch crosshatch pattern, being careful not to cut into meat. Rub 2 tablespoons salt over entire roast and into crosshatch. Transfer to large plate and refrigerate, uncovered, for at least 24 hours or up to 96 hours.
Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat oven to 250°F. Season roast with pepper and arrange, fat side up, on V-rack set in large roasting pan. Roast until meat registers 115°F for rare, 120°F for medium-rare, or 125°F for medium, 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Transfer V-rack with roast to carving board, tent loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest about 1 hour.
Meanwhile, increase oven temperature to 425°F. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat from pan. (If there isn’t enough fat in pan, add vegetable oil to equal 2 tablespoons.) Toss carrots, parsnips, Brussels sprouts, onion, thyme, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper with fat in pan. Roast vegetables, stirring halfway through roasting, until tender and browned, 45 to 50 minutes.
Remove pan from oven and heat broiler. Carefully nestle V-rack with roast among vegetables in pan. Broil roast until fat cap is evenly browned, rotating pan as necessary, about 5 minutes. Transfer roast to carving board, carve meat from bones, and cut into ¾-inch-thick slices. Season vegetables with salt and pepper to taste. Serve roast with vegetables.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Simple Beef... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- cookie - Pumpkin Spice Cookies... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Easy Moroccan Chicken Thighs 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Hearty Beef & Barley Stew 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Chicken, Pork, & Crab Soup... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Cheese Fondue 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Lemon Drop Jello Shots 4.1/5 (35 Votes)
- Cornbread Dressing 4.4/5 (22 Votes)