Cheddar and Bacon Potato Salad
January 11, 2013
- 8 medium potatoes
- 1 tsp. seasoning salt
- 10 slices bacon, cooked crisp, drained, crumbled
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 2 C. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 oz. sour cream (light works well)
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 C. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 tsp. prepared mustard
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Boil potatoes until perfectly tender. Drain and allow to cool to warm-- they shouldn't be hot enough to melt the cheese.
2. Peel (if desired-- I like to leave the peel on) and cube potatoes and place in a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with seasoning salt. Mix gently.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together the sour cream, pepper, mayo, garlic salt, and mustard.
4. Add bacon, onion, and cheese to the potatoes. Mix gently. Stir in the dressing mixture.
5. Cover and refrigerate this 4th of July picnic recipe at least 3 hours before serving.
You'll also love
- Pork & Ramen Stir-Fry 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Baked Tilapia with a Kick 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Coconut Cheesecake 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Banana Bread in a Mug 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Pork Chops Slow Cooker 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Maple Bacon Krispie Treats 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Bacon Weave BLT 4.4/5 (20 Votes)