Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta
Simple, easy and delicious pasta dish with bacon and cheddar cheese. Enjoy!
- 1 pound mostaccioli or other short pasta
- 6 strips bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 chicken breast, boneless skinless halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from cassiecraves.blogspot.ca
Cook pasta according to package directions in boiling salted water; drain, return to pot, and keep warm.
Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Drain all but one tablespoon of bacon drippings from the pan.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the butter to the reserved bacon drippings, then add the chicken to the same skillet. Cook until tender, no longer pink, and slightly browned.
Sprinkle the flour and ranch dressing mix over the chicken, stirring to coat evenly. Stir in the milk, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the cheddar cheese and half of the reserved bacon; cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
Add the cheese sauce to the reserved pasta and stir to combine. Serve each plate of pasta with more bacon sprinkled over the top. Green onions would also be a delicious topping.
You'll also love
- Lazy Man's Lobster Casserole 3.9/5 (151 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Cheeseburger... 4.4/5 (102 Votes)
- Chicken and Dumpling Casserole 4.2/5 (145 Votes)
- Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Breasts 4.4/5 (117 Votes)
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Grilled Cheese 4.4/5 (102 Votes)
- Bacon Cheese Potatoes (Slow Cooked) 4.4/5 (99 Votes)
- Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo 4.3/5 (110 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Ranch Chicken 4.4/5 (65 Votes)