Lazy Man's Lobster Casserole
Just a few more ingredients than a traditional lobster casserole makes this the best one you may have ever tasted! Light cream, mushrooms, white wine and shallots, along with a few other ingredients, make this rich and flavorful!
- 1 pound cooked lobster chunks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups light cream, or half and half
- 1/4 cup dry sherry, or white wine
- 2 cups baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups buttery crackers finely crumbled (Ritz crackers or alternative)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Lightly saute mushrooms, shallots, and garlic in olive oil. Stir in lobster and sherry. Set aside to be able to use the same pan for stuffing preparation.
Melt butter and combine crumbled crackers and parsley. Set aside 1/2 of the stuffing mixture.
Add lobster mixture to remaining stuffing in pan. Combine well.
Slowly stir in cream.
Pour into casserole dish and top with the remaining stuffing.
Bake 10-15 minutes in a preheated 325°F oven or until topping is lightly browned.
As an added bonus, while the casserole is baking, saute extra lobster claw meat to use with lemon as a garnish on top of the cooked casserole.
And, for a very casual presentation, bake the recipe in a non-stick oven-proof frying pan, using that as your serving dish at the table.
Since this recipe is a very rich version of Lazy Mans Lobster, it is best served with a light side dish of a green garden salad or a summer fruit salad.
You'll also love
- Better than Fries Baked Potatoes 4.5/5 (54 Votes)
- Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork in the Slow... 4.5/5 (56 Votes)
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread 4.7/5 (41 Votes)
- Mini Crab Cakes with Spicy Red... 4.4/5 (58 Votes)
- Where's The Crust Pizza 4.4/5 (61 Votes)
- Fresh Herb Shrimp Linguini 4.4/5 (61 Votes)
- Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Potato... 4.3/5 (69 Votes)
- Crepes 4.4/5 (58 Votes)