Chicken Bacon Ranch Grilled Cheese
The flavors of chicken, bacon and ranch go great on a grilled cheese sandwich. This grilled cheese is so tasty and easy to prepare, you may want to make it all the time.
- 2 slices thick cut crusty bread
- 3 slices bacon, cut in half so you have 6 pieces of bacon
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 to 4 ounces leftover roasted chicken, thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 ounces extra sharp cheddar, thinly sliced
- Extra ranch dressing for dipping
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate (to drain excess grease) and drain off grease. If you do not have a panini press (join the club!), use this skillet to make the grilled cheese.
Butter one side of each slice of bread.
Take one slice of bread, butter side down and slather the other side of the bread with 1 tablespoon of ranch dressing (or a tad bit more if you like). Place half of the cheese on top of the ranch. Layer on chicken and bacon. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
Slather remaining slice of bread with remaining ranch dressing and place atop the cheese, ranch side down, butter side up.
Place sandwich on panini press and cook until bread is golden brown and cheese is melty. If you do not have a panini press, do not fret. Place non-stick skillet over medium heat.
Transfer sandwich to skillet and cook until bread becomes golden brown and the cheese begins to melt. Carefully flip sandwich and cook the other side of the sandwich until golden brown. You may need to place a heavy pan atop the sandwich when you are grilling it, to smash it down a bit – helps stick it all together. I used a square pyrex dish.
Remove from skillet, slice in half, and enjoy immediately.
You'll also love
- Easy Orange Chicken Vegetable... 4.4/5 (100 Votes)
- Party-Friendly Mexican Chicken... 4.4/5 (103 Votes)
- Bacon Cheese Potatoes (Slow Cooked) 4.4/5 (99 Votes)
- Copycat's Arby’s Roast Beef... 3.8/5 (348 Votes)
- Sweet & Spicy Bacon Chicken 4.3/5 (100 Votes)
- Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich 4.5/5 (84 Votes)
- K's Delicious Ranch Fried Chicken 4.4/5 (66 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Ranch Chicken 4.4/5 (65 Votes)