Kale with Roasted Beets and Bacon
Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri
Show: Guy's Big Bite Episode: Backyard Bites: Steak Diane
Recipe categories: Vegetables, Meat, Bacon, Beets,
- Beets (about 14 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 thick-cut applewood-smoked bacon slices (8 ounces), diced
- 1 large bunch kale (about 1 1/2 pounds), washed, stemmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Wash and trim the beets, removing both ends. Place them on a 12-inch square sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Drizzle with the olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Seal up the foil packet and roast until the beets are fork-tender, about 1 hour.
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until medium-crisp (or however you prefer your bacon). Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Increase the heat to high and add the kale, stirring to coat in the rendered bacon grease. Cover and cook for a few minutes, and then add the chicken stock and 2 tablespoons of the vinegar. Stir to combine, cover and allow to wilt for 6 to 8 minutes.
Peel and cut the beets into chunks and add them to the kale. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar. Add the bacon, stir to combine and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Mr. Greek Potatoes 3.8/5 (35 Votes)
- Crawfish Stuffed Mushrooms 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mr. Dell's Cheesy Potatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pat's Classic BBQ Pork Chops 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork Chops and Vegetable Soup... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spinach, strawberry, banana & nut... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Seared Scallops over Wilted... 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Pickled Kale 4.5/5 (2 Votes)