Spicy Garlic Noodles with Pork Chops
Great with a spinach salad.
Bottled Asian sauces and a hit of garlic turn an everyday stir-fry into a yummy noodle dinner! The skinny cut of the chops makes them a snap to slice.
- 1/2 (500 g) pkg spaghetti or fettuccine
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 large carrot
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into julienne strips (optional)
- 4 centre-cut, fast-fry pork chops, preferably boneless
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) hot chili-garlic sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced, or 2 1/2 tsp (12 mL) bottled chopped garlic
- vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 13mins
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cut broccoli florets from stalks. Keep stalks for another use. Cut florets into small pieces. Using a vegetable peeler, peel long, wide strips from carrot. Prepare pepper. Trim fat from pork. Cut out bone if there is one. Slice meat into thin bite-size strips. In a bowl, stir cornstarch with 2 tbsp (30 mL) teriyaki until dissolved. Stir in remaining 1/3 cup (75 mL) teriyaki and sesame oil, chili-garlic sauce and garlic.
2. Lightly coat a large frying pan, preferably non-stick, with oil and set over medium-high heat. When hot, add pork. Stir often until no pink remains, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir, then pour in teriyaki mixture. Add broccoli, carrot and pepper. Pour in water. Stir often until veggies are done as you like, 3 to 4 minutes. Once pasta is cooked, drain well. Place in a large bowl. Add pork mixture. Toss to evenly coat.
You'll also love
- Marie Callender's Famous Golden... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creole Soup with Ham and Crawfish 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Rice, Spinach, Salmon, and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Parmesan Bacon Ranch Oyster... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic-Lemon Chicken Breasts... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- NOODLES-ROBIN MCGRAW'S 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cauliflower, Bacon, and Olive Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PESTO ALFREDO KELP NOODLES 0/5 (0 Votes)