Pork or Chicken Adobada
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 guajillo chiles, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pound pork roast or chicken breasts
- Avocado slices, pineapple slices, and salsa for garnish
- 2 limes, quartered
1. To make the adobada (marinade), saute' the onion and garlic in olive oil; then add the chiles and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Place mixture in blender with broth and process until smooth, about 1 minute. Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
2. Rub the meat with the adobada. Grill until fully cooked, then slice.
3. Wrap a couple of slices of meat in a tortilla and top with avocado, pineapple, salsa, and a sprinkle of lime juice.