Black Rice, Spinach, Salmon, and Mango Salad
There are many types of black rice on the market in a range of textures. Look for a chewy-textured variety, such as Forbidden Rice by Lotus Foods.
- 1 1/2 cups black rice
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) salmon fillet (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups diced peeled mango (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
Rinse rice, and drain well . Cook rice in boiling water 35 minutes or until al dente; drain. Cool.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add salmon; cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of done¬ness. Cool; break into bite-sized pieces.
Combine juice and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Gradually add oil to juice mixture, stirring constantly. Add rice, mango, tomatoes, onions, pepper, and spinach; toss gently. Place 1 cup rice mixture in each of 6 bowls; top each with 1 ounce salmon.
You'll also love
- Potato/Portobello Gratin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Brisket with Savory Onion Jus 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Gingered Salmon Cakes From The... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi with Garlic Toasts 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rhubarb and Strawberry Swirl Ice... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Ginger Salmon 0/5 (0 Votes)