Kale, Apple, & Pancetta Salad
I love this Kale, Apple, & Pancetta Salad! The sweetness of the apples balances perfectly with the tart vinaigrette.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces sliced pancetta, diced
- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small head radicchio, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) bunch kale, stems discarded, leaves shredded
- 2 tart yet sweet apples, sliced into thick matchsticks
- 3/4 cup pecans, toasted if desired
Combine the olive oil and pancetta in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until pancetta is golden and crispy.
Strain the pan drippings into a small bowl and leave the crispy pancetta off to the side to cool. Add the Champagne vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper to the pan drippings and whisk well.
Combine the radicchio, kale, apples and pecans in a large bowl. Toss while adding the dressing, little by little, until salad is well dressed. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Garnish with crispy pancetta.
Be sure your apples aren't too sour, especially if using Granny Smith. You need the sweetness to balance out the tart vinaigrette.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato and Mushroom Alfredo... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Peachy Keen Chicken 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Spread for Cucumber... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Pineapple Stuffing Casserole 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Spinach Soup 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- California Pizza Kitchen Spinach... 3.9/5 (48 Votes)
- Spam Fries & Kale Chips with... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Kale chips (spicy) 4.4/5 (5 Votes)