A delicious & nutritious soup that’s perfect any time of the year. Enjoy with a dollop of fat-free cream.
- 6 cups spinach leaves, washed & chopped
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 8 cups water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from shobhapink.blogspot.in
1. Heat oil, add garlic & onion when soft, add half of the water & bring it to boil.
2. Add spinach leaves, boil for 4 min or until leaves wilt.
3. Take off heat immediately, cool & liquidize.
4. Add cream, salt, rest of the water & liquidize again.
5. Heat on a medium flame, stirring continuously.
6. Serve hot topped with pepper & butter.