Kale chips (spicy)
not exactly diet food but very high in protein and fiber but a little high in sodium
- 2.5 lbs of raw kale leaves
- 2.50 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2.50 tsp Spices - onion powder
- 5.00 tsp Spices - Garlic powder
- 3.75 tsp Spices - Chili powder
- 2.50 tsp Spices - Paprika
- 1.25 tsp Primordial Himalayan Sea Salt
- 0.62 tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. preheat oven to 300
2. remove stems from raw kale.
3. If you must wash, make sure you dry as much as possible.
4. mix seasonings together, and figure out how to divide the portions up. 2.5lb roughly spreads over 5 five baking sheets
5. mix and try and evenly coat (you won't be able to but stir regardless)
6. Spread but do not crowd the pan.
7. Depending on your oven (convention or standard) load up as many trays as it takes.
The drying process will very depending on oven. It took 20 minutes to do mine but check after 15 minutes.
You will be drying 70% the kale moisture, be watchful it could burn if left unattended.
8.when you take the trays out let sit for 3 minutes.
Avoid adding wet sauces (if at all), use spritzer type add ons if you have to. and I'd suggest you skip all the spices and just try it naked.
You'll also love
- Thai Style Wild Alaskan Sockeye... 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Easy Country Pork Pâté with... 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Rustic Tomato and Cheese Pie 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Beet & Apple Salad 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Fennel, Arugula & Green Apple... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Lentil and Kale Stew 4.3/5 (11 Votes)