Spinach & Brie Puff Pastries
These delicious puffed, golden pastries are stuffed with fresh spinach and brie cheese. Enjoy!
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 4 thin slices Brie, or more to taste
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sesame and poppy seeds for decoration
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat the oven 350ºF (180ºC).
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Put the spinach in a bowl; stir in half the beaten egg and the nutmeg. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Roll out the pastry on a floured surface into a rectangle (16 x 8-inch / 40 x 20-cm) and trim the edges. Lightly flour the top of the pastry and cut the rectangle into 4 pieces, each about 4 inches (10-cm) wide and 8 inches (20-cm) tall.
Cut 1 inch (2.5-cm) thick wide strips diagonally on both sides of the pastry, leaving the center intact.
Try to cut an equal number of strips on both sides.
Lay pastries out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Divide the spinach equally between the squares, in the center, top it with brie slices then braid by crossing the strips over the filling alternating from side to side.
Brush the tops of the pastries with the remaining beaten egg (add a tablespoon of water), then sprinkle some sesame and poppy seeds over each pastry. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
You'll also love
- Outback Steakhouse Blooming Onion... 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Instant Pot Lemon Yogurt Cake 4.1/5 (34 Votes)
- Spiced Bacon Skewers 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Cheesy Bacon Dip 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- Tomato Lentil Soup 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Dip Potato Salad 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Spam Fries & Kale Chips with... 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)