Rice Krispies Original Treats™
Classic Rice Krispies treats with marshmallows are a fun and easy recipe to make with the kiddos. Have fun and enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10-ounces) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies®
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from ricekrispies.com
In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
Add Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7-ounces) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
You'll also love
- Sauerbraten (German Beef Roast... 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Sufganiyot, Israeli Jelly Donuts... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip-Pretzel Cookies 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Creme Brulee Tart 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Mint Candy Filled Cookies 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Toffee Cheesecake Bars 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Lemon & Kiwi Cheesecake Bars 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Scotcheroos 4.3/5 (27 Votes)