Seafood Stuffed Onion
If you love seafood, you HAVE to try this recipe. It's a great side dish and is visually a great appetizer for a party.
- Large onion
- 24 shrimp
- 2 ounces crab meat or fish
- Garlic, minced
- Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
Preparation time 70mins
Take your onion and cut off the top evenly. Peel all the skin and tough rings off. slice off enough of the bottom so it can stand upright, but not too much or you'll have no bottom layer. You might have better luck with a larger onion than you'd think you'd need to get a cavity big enough. Score down into the center crosswise making x's out to the last ring you want to be the bowl, and dig out with knife and spoon as much as you can ( this part was not easy nor fun, careful not to pull out the very bottom of the onion.. )
Take the onion bits, chop them finely and put them in a dry non stick skillet on medium to cook and caramelize. stir frequently enough to prevent burning but mostly let it be, laying as flat as possible to the hot surface.
Take your cooked and chopped fish or seafood, and stir it together with the cooked onions, the old bay seasoning and the minced garlic. Stuff this into the onion shell and place in an oven safe bowl.
Spoon the chicken broth over and around the stuffed onion, so that it is sitting in a bit of the broth.
Bake in 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes, basting onion with broth aver 15 min.
You'll also love
- Red Lobster Rock Island Tilapia 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Carrot Coriander Ginger Soup 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Butter Rolls 3.9/5 (55 Votes)
- Broccoli and Feta Frittata 3.7/5 (95 Votes)
- Potato, Broccoli and Pepper Jack... 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
- Grilled Blue Cheese & Bacon... 4/5 (48 Votes)
- White Fish Salad with Garlic Lime... 4.2/5 (44 Votes)
- Killer Potato Latkes 4.3/5 (18 Votes)