Red Lobster Rock Island Tilapia
- 8 oz. crab meat
- 2 c. cheese and garlic croutons, crushed
- 10 oz. prepared Alfredo sauce
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. salt-free all-purpose seasoning
- 6 - 5 to 6 oz. tilapia fillets, skin removed
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 6 oz. lobster meat, chopped
- 1 can seafood bisque or cream of shrimp soup
- Seafood seasoning, to taste
Adapted from copycatrecipeguide.com
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare the crab stuffing: Combine the crabmeat, crushed croutons, Alfredo sauce, lemon juice, and all-purpose seasoning in a large bowl.
Lay the tilapia fillets on a clean surface with the dark side down. Use a chef’s knife to cut shallow pockets in the side of each fillet.
Open the pockets gently and spoon ¾ cup of crab stuffing in each tilapia fillet. Press down on each fillet until each is about ¾-inch high.
Press the pockets closed and brush the fillets with melted butter. Sprinkle them evenly with seafood seasoning.
Fill a 9x13 baking dish with ¼ cup of water. Lay the stuffed fish carefully into the pan, being careful not to submerge the fillets in the water.
Place the dish in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Test the stuffing with a cooking thermometer. When it reaches 165 degrees, it is fully cooked.
While the fish is baking, melt 1 tbsp. butter over medium heat in a small saucepan. Place the lobster meat in the pan and sauté for a few minutes or until tender.
Pour the soup into the pan and heat through. Stir well.
To serve, place one tilapia fillet on each plate. Spoon the lobster sauce over the fillets.
You'll also love
- Carrot Coriander Ginger Soup 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Broccoli and Feta Frittata 3.7/5 (95 Votes)
- White Fish Salad with Garlic Lime... 4.2/5 (45 Votes)
- Lemon-Ginger Fish 3.8/5 (30 Votes)
- Baked Tilapia with a Kick 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Alfredo Sauce with shrimp and... 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Seared Scallops with Tomato Water,... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Herb & Parmigiano Crusted Tilapia... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)