Carrot Coriander Ginger Soup
Carrot coriander ginger soup is an easy low-fat vegetarian & vegan soup that you can serve for a light lunch or dinner.
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 1/2 celery stick
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger - grated
- 1/4 medium sized onion
- 1/2 cube vegetable stock
- 1 tsp coriander leaves
- 250 ml water
- 50 ml soya milk
- Salt to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from shobhapink.blogspot.in
1. In a large pan fry chopped onion, chopped garlic in a splash of oil for 5
minutes until softened but not browned.
2. Add chopped carrot, grated ginger & chopped celery, cover pan & sweat
vegetables for 5 mins.
3. Add coriander, water & stock cube, stir well & bring to boil. Reduce heat
& simmer until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
4. Lastly add salt, soya milk, season, liquidise until smooth & serve in a