Old Fashioned Egg Mock Potato Salad
Cauliflower has a neutral flavor that absorbs whatever you add to it, so it’s a perfect alternative to potatoes. This is the best use of cauliflower - reinvented as potatoes - I’ve ever tasted, and once you’ve tasted it I know you’ll agree!
- 1 large head cauliflower, cleaned
- 6 large hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Paprika, for garnish
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
Preparation time 20mins
Chop the cauliflower into small pieces (should make about 4 cups).
Set a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil. Cook the cauliflower pieces in the boiling water for about 5 minutes, until tender. Drain cauliflower and immerse in an ice water bath to stop the cooking process. Drain cauliflower well and then pat dry between several layers of paper towels. Place the cauliflower in a bowl with all of the remaining ingredients, except the garnishes, and fold together.
Sprinkle with the paprika and parsley, and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Be sure to fold all of the ingredients together until the salad is a nice yellow color.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (673 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (487 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 4.5/5 (397 Votes)
- German Potato Salad Heirloom Recipe 4.5/5 (200 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)